A flexible spending account program provides an opportunity to reduce your federal and Social Security taxable income by funding an account or accounts on a pretax basis. You may obtain reimbursement by submitting documentation of qualified out-of-pocket expenses relating to your account(s).
Flexible spending accounts are administered for Pitt by UPMC Health Plan. Questions? Visit UPMC Health Plan online or call 1-888-499-6885.
Flexible Spending Account Types
References, Forms, and Schedules
- Summary Guide Flexible Spending Accounts July 1, 2012 - June 30, 2013
- "Participation Rules and Deadlines" Flexible Spending Accounts Offered (Summary Guide Continued)
- FSA Calculator
- FSA FAQs
- List of Eligible Expenses
- Online Claims Submission Process
- Claim submission information when not using the MyFlex Advantage Card
Flexible spending accounts are intended to be used for predictable expenses only. Please review the plan details of each flexible spending account prior to enrolling, to determine if a flexible spending account is right for you. You may learn more about the flexible spending accounts in greater detail, including eligible expenses, claim submission deadlines, and claim submission procedures, by calling UPMC Health Plan at 1-888-499-6885.