A flexible spending account program provides an opportunity to reduce your Federal and Social Security taxable income by funding an account or accounts on a pretax basis. You may obtain reimbursement by submitting documentation of qualified out-of-pocket expenses relating to your account(s).
Flexible Spending Account Types
Summary Guide – Flexible Spending Accounts
Flexible Spending Account Resources
Once you are enrolled in a Flexible Spending Account, to obtain additional information and resources, please visit UPMC’s MyHealth OnLine. For quick access to your personal information on the UPMC Health Plan’s secure member portal, follow the below instructions:
- Log onto my.pitt.edu and enter your username and password
- From the "My Resources" drop down menu, select "UPMC Health Plan"
- Select “My Health” located in the upperright-hand side of the portal page
- After authentication takes place in approximately 15 seconds, you will land on the UPMC My Health Online homepage
- Select "UPMC Flex Advantage" Portal under Self-Service Quick Links
Flexible spending accounts are intended to be used for predictable expenses only. Please review the plan details of each flexible spending account prior to enrolling, to determine if a flexible spending account is right for you. You may learn more about the flexible spending accounts in greater detail, including eligible expenses, claim submission deadlines, and claim submission procedures, by calling UPMC Health Plan at 1-888-499-6885.